[VAC] Re:

Dear Members,

This is our first attempt to get on this "chatlist". So far we've found only
one other '65 Trade Wind Twin 24' other than ours. That person has customised
it and was very helpful in getting a few parts to us. Unfortunately he
trashed the beds and couch. What may seem to you as a very simple thing:
opening and pulling your couch into a bed position is still quite a mistery
to us. We have the base, but no back or upholstery. A '68 we looked at had
all the cushions and fabric with a slight taper at the foam so the top
bolster would sit at a slight tilt backwards. There was no clip or fastener
at the shelf although on ours small screw holes indicate that there was a
connector to help keep the bolster secure in the upright position. Are you
bored yet? These details will be suprising critical to our restoration
process and since we can't find another '65 with this couch like ours...it's
still unsolved! Can anyone help with this? Thanks, Stuart and Bonnie Resor.