[VAC] Re:

The heater in the trailer takes care of the inside water pipes.  MY 64 and
I believe all other Airstreams have ducts that channel the warm air around
the fresh water tank and into the convenience center so the pipes don't
freeze.  I've only had my Tradewind since 10/15/200 and us it year around
in NC, OH and VA so it is never winterized.

(Happy Birthday to me and my 1964 Tin Tent  :>)) but if I'm not in the
camper I leave a electric cube catalytic style heater running so the camper
stays above 45 degrees in the winter.  Safer than using gas unattended and
not very expensive.  When I return the furnace or the strip heater in the
A/C gets it comfy in no time.  Lowest temp has been 19 degrees for two days
and no problem.

Bob and several others have told us on the list about a gas catalytic
heater that they have modified the mounting to pivot into the aisle to
direct the heat where you want.  It appears to be very economical and
simple to do.  I'm toying with the idea of using the blower from the
furnace (furnace is on it's last legs and not very efficient) to draw the
air from the room into the ducts to distribute that heat and I believe it
will work OK.

Blair