[VAC] Skids for single axle

One of the reasons (main one I believe) is that it may be  possible for
the trailer to drop low enough for the trailer body to strike the ground.
 Particularly possible for the 50's model trailers.  You can do a little
figuring/measuring of your rig and see how much clearance  you might
have if tire has left the rim.

 I do not believe anyone mfg these skids and it is usually a custom job,
however they are not complicated.   Might  contact Jim Weston at Airmark
Surfacting Tools (web site same name) as in the past he indicated a
willingness  tomake  them.  Also a couple years back Jim Dunmyer (of this
list) had site up www. oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/ with a good photo
of an axle mounted skid.  Have  also  have seen a picture of a skid that
bolted to an older, conventional sprung, trailer and  bolted around the
springs.

I don't have skids on my '56 but maybe someday.  I am going to be sure I
have good set of tires on unit and hope (pray) I don't hit something
sharpe.  I do not have the original axle and set 3 to 4 inches higher
then original, however,  I think my unit might  drag on ground, under the
right condition.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC