[VAC] Trailer skids

I have a '61 Bambi, and asked the question re: skids a few years ago.  I'd
seen a picture of them on an attachment to information from this website and
thought they looked like a good idea --
The answer I receive then, which makes a lot of sense, is that if a tire
blew and the trailer landed on one of the 'skids', sparks resulting from
friction could cause a fire from the propane line running under the trailer.
Since reading that reply, added to sage advice from my uncle (Charlie
Kennedy; a long-time Airstreamer with trailers and motorhomes), I decided
two things:
1. I didn't need the skids, and
2. I'd never (again) drive around with the propane "on".  The refrigerator
stays very cool while in transit if pre-cooled prior to departure, and I
don't know of another reason to leave the gas on while on the road.

Sissy
'61 Bambi