[VAC] Re: A/S and Internet

Hi all:

The last time I was out with my trailer I went armed with my laptop.  I
subscribe to Earthlink and they have local dial-up numbers in many places, a
lot like AOL, I'm sure.

To make a long story less so, I couldn't get anyone to let me plug in my
computer even though I assured them that the number I wanted to dial was
LOCAL , it would only take a minute or two, and I would not be tying up the
phone.  No dice.  Finally, I went to the local library to see if they would
let me connect where their FAX machine was or whatever.  They too declined
to let use their phones.

However, the good news was that the library had several computers of their
own, hooked up to the internet and had no problem with my using them.  After
all, that's what they were there for (!).

So instead of going through my ISP with MY computer, I used theirs, going
through http://www.mail2web.com - collecting several days worth of messages,
which as many of you can appreciate, was well over a hundred.

I have used mail2web occasionally for several years and am very happy with
it.  Every bit as secure as my ISP and no spam or anything.  As a matter of
fact, when I thought I was having mail trouble with Earthlink, the techie
told me to open mail2web and check whether Earthlink was working properly or
not.  Check it out.

And,  if all else fails, try the library.

GQ '67 Safari