[VAC] Re: Awning replacement?

Now that's a project. The fabric, as I recall is about $20-25 a linear foot all
cut and stitched up. It will come with rivets to attach the fabric to the awning
tube after it is installed. The original color is called Blue Fancy and it is
still available.
The first step in the project is to unwind the torsion spring. This must be done
with great care as the spring has a great deal of tension on it.
The major challenge to changing the fabric is getting it off and back on the
first metal slat. The fabric is crimped into the last slat of the metal wrap. It
has to be very carefully spread to release the fabric and then recrimped without
damaging the show face of the wrap. Most recently when we have replaced fabric we
order it already mounted in the slat. While this usually makes it into a truck
freight order, the savings in time and job quality make it well worth it.