[VAC] Re: Fresh and grey water capacity

         Not exactly.  The grey water is plumbed into a line that is Y-d
into the same external hose connection that the black water tank is.  One
then either connects to the sewer or into an external tank (like those blue
totes), always leaving the blackwater valve closed.  When you  dump the
blackwater, and only then, you open the blackwater valve.
         I've read here that in an emergency - like you had to operate
without an external tank or a sewer hookup - you could leave the blackwater
valve open, allowing the greywater to drain into the blackwater tank.  I
never did this, because the blackwater tank doesn't have much capacity on
older trailers, and you have the very real danger that the awful stuff in
the blackwater tank could back up into your washwater water drains. Yuk!
         At some rallies, but by no means all, you can put a cap on the
hose connector that has a place for a garden hose that's just long enough
to reach the center of the trailer; this drains the greywater onto the
ground.  However, in many places, it's illegal.

- Dick
(5368)