[VAC] Re: Tow vehicles that seat 15

Russ,

The 15 passenger vans tend to roll over in crashes only when they are
loaded. I saw a notice from our insurance carrier at work. I think that they
were saying to be careful when there were 10 or more passengers or their
equivalent in stuff. While empty the center of gravity of these things are
fine. Add 10 passengers each sitting 2 feet above the floor and the center
of gravity is raised enough to cause a problem in an accident. Since the
weight of a trailer is transferred to the tow vehicle at the hitch (frame
level) I doubt that the center of gravity would be raised. It might even
tend lower it, further reducing the possibility of a roll over.

Turning while towing should be no different with a 15 passenger van than it
would be with any other large tow vehicle...which is not all that different
from a smaller tow vehicle. I imagine that when it comes to towing
capacities, that they are the same as any other vehicle, the determining
factors are engine size, rear end ratios and other towing options.

Scott