[VAC] Re:

Jay

On the way home from a recent trip the frame on my '57 Caravanner broke, although I did get it home.  I have since had it taken on a low-boy trailer to my nearest Airstream dealer, in Bradley, IL.  When they get the bottom off they will have a local welder who does all their RV welding repairs build a new frame from the break all the way to the ball.  We are anticipating spending $600-800 for the new frame, but the whole repair will run +/- $2,500 counting all the time and trouble to dismount and remount the bottom skin.  I would suggest you contact welders who work on semi rigs and RVs to see if they'd do the work.

Bert (The Salty Dog)