[VAC] Re: Bambi 13" wheels

About the Bambi wheels, ................................ I've converted my 1961 Bambi over to
14 inch wheels with radial tires. There's a better load rating on 14" tires than on 13". If I
remember rightly my Bambi is the old 1960's Ford bolt pattern, like on an old Falcon or
Mustang. I also have the old American slot mags on it.

One needs to be very careful on clearance on the wheel wells. A lot of times one side has a
bit more than the other. Because of this I have one wheel with a slightly different offset
than the other plus I made sure that the spare would fit in BOTH wheel wells.

I've used this rig very heavily over the last eight years with NO tire or wheel troubles at
all. Some of the conditions were prety severe as well.

Pat