[VAC] Re: factory frame chassis for my vintage airstream

I took a page from VAC founder Bud Cooper's notebook, and decided to bite
the bullet and build a new frame from scratch, using only the original
'pipe' from the original frame (it's a 1948) for the vintage 'appearance',
and the original coupler.

the Henschen axle package is actually a complete'truck'
(wheels/brakes/axle/suspension) with shocks and bolt-ups to whatever sort of
frame you construct. several vac'ers have constructed or repaired frames
from square tubing or angle stock. I've struck a deal with a local retired
welder to build mine with me, and teach me to weld (MIG and TIG) in the
process. The alternative (for me) was to have a metal fabrication shop do
the job.
not too much to a 'ladder-frame'... the dicey part's the 'truck', and
henschen does that for you....

another nice benefit is that you can specify (from henschen) the type of
bolt-pattern for the wheels, so that you can choose something
readily-available and easy to replace.

Tuna