[VAC] Univolt & Fuses Question

The Univolt in my ' 68 Tradewind wasn't charging the battery although the lights, water pump, etc. worked on 12 VDC. I will be installing a InteliPower and Charge Wizard and pulled the Univolt out to begin the conversion. The Univolt had three wires going to it -- a red wire on the positive terminal going to the 12 V circuits , a white negative wire to the 12 V circuits and a white wire to trailer ground. Both white wires were connected to the negative terminal on the Univolt.

The label on the converter says Airstream Univolt III and  model number 35 (30 amp) and the case is closed with pop rivets leading me to conclude that there are no owner replaceable fuses inside. In fact, the only fuses I have found so far are two old style glass fuses in the charge lines to the battery.

I seem to remember that my ' 73 Sovereign had 12 V branch circuit fuses. Maybe the ' 71 Tradewind too that I had before the Sovereign.  I remember seeing pictures of a InteliPower installation on the list with a fuse panel for branch circuits mounted in a Radio Shack project box.

Since the InteliPower has two 30 Amp auto type fuses built in, do I need to be concerned that the 12 volt wiring in my Tradewind does not appear to have other fuses for the various DC circuits? There doesn't seem to be any way to fuse the circuits separately as the wires disappear into and behind the inside skin.

Thanks for your comments.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind