[VAC] Re: tracking solar

Reference battery maintaince, I had a 34 foot AS.  I was experimenting with battery charge to keep batterys charged during the winter.  I installed a small Schumacher charger.  It was installed so I could turn the univolt off and use just the small charger.  The next spring we started using the trailer, forgetting the changer. We used the trailer all year long and never used the univolt.  It maintained the batteries in perfect condition for the next 4 years.  We wintered four months in Texas, living in the trailer and never turned on the univolt.  It was charging all the time and would always keep the batteries charged. The batteries were still in great shape four years later when I sold the trailer.

It goes without saying that one is now in my 69 Overlander.

Ralph Shumaker  1005   69 OL