[VAC] Re: Rivet shaver

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Rivet shaver
Being an aircraft and an airstream kinda guy, I have both the Olympic
rivet shaver and Microstop shavers.  Let me set everyone straight - a
standard Microstop shaver will not work!  They are designed to shave
flush countersunk rivets that are barely above the skin or countersink
holes.  What happens with the Olympic rivet is the flush cutter comes
down to your cut-off stem stub, grabs it and spins around, marring the
skin and not shaving the rivet at all.

The Olympic rivet shaver on the other hand fits down snug over the
outside of the rivet head and is held tight in place as the cutting head
comes down shaving the stem.  When set right it also takes off a tiny
bit of the rivet head - in the shape of the rivet head, making the stem
completely invisible!

BTW, that yardstore.com aircraft tool website is great!  Thanks for the
heads up.

Sorry guys,
RJ