[VAC] Re: Rivet shaver

No, I have not used the rivet shaver on my Airstream. In fact, I haven't
ordered one yet -- I'm still renovating the interior and have not started on
any outside work other than caulking everything with Vulcum. I don't think
there's much danger of  tearing the skin if the depth of the cutter is
adjusted properly. I'd start with the cutter set high and adjust it closer
and closer to the head of the Olympic rivet as I saw how much was being
trimmed off. If you look at a picture of the tool I think you will see that
there's built in cutter depth control adjustment unlike using a Dremel tool
to do the trimming which some people use. There are some aircraft
maintenance folks on the list that know a lot more about working with
aluminum than I do. Maybe someone will comment on how the shaver works.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind