[VAC] Re: tracking solar

My boss is a big fan of solar/wind power, so I bugged him about this.

He uses a solar panel to keep the batteries fresh in his VW Microbus.
Current panels are efficient enough that he can put the solar panel
inside the Microbus up against a south-facing window and still get a
fair amount out of the panel on a sunny day.

It's not enough to power much more than a small light bulb, but it's
enough to keep the battery from going dead.

He also suggested investigating wind power if you're in an area with
regular breezes and where you can put in a smallish ( 5' < 20') tower.

If you're looking for a more permanent installation, residental
housing solar panels are quite sturdy (and quite heavy) and put out
plenty of power.

--jet