[VAC] Re: Refrig vent in floor

If you have a propane (ammonia cycle) refrigerator, you need both the
vent in the floor and the corresponding chimney up the wall to the vent
on the roof. Without the convection airflow, the refrigerator will use
much more gas to get cold, and never get cold enough on hot days. It's
also a really good idea to establish an airflow to get rid of the carbon
monoxide generated by the propane flame.

I have a 1971 Tradewind; the gas fridge had been replaced with a K-mart
110 volt one and the chimney ripped out. I put in a new Dometic; it worked
okay with just the floor vent, but cooled down about twice as fast once I
had installed a replacement chimney up to the roof vent (made of aluminum
and plywood, as $360 for the replacement AS part was a bit silly).