[VAC] Re: Good news and bad news

Congrats!  You're doing it right, too:  Existing Airstream to go have
fun in and travel, another project Airstream to restore at your leisure
without the pressure.  The early '60's GT's have a cool breadloaf style
all their own.

> Now the bad news, I've been trying to figure out why the Suburban furnace in
> the 66' Overlander won't light.  I replaced the mother board with a Dinosaur
> model board which seems to be operative...the striker is working, etc.
> however the unit seems not to be getting gas.  I do not here the gas valve
> open, nor is there gas present. Any ideas in regard to testing the valve,
> etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Ughh.  That's why I always preach to not replace the older heaters and
refer's if possible. The quality just isn't there for the average brand
stuff, and with the circuit boards, we're not going to be seeing then
still working 30-45 years down the road like the old stuff can.

RJ
'65 Caravel
'57 Flying Cloud