[VAC] Re: Oxidation and polishing aluminum (at home?)

Jack,

There are two sites I can think of off-hand:

http://www.vintageairstream.com which covers the trials and travails
of not only polishing but also a multitude of other repairs. This
site talks about polishing using Rolite polishes and a Cyclo polisher.

The other site is http://home.att.net/~globetrotter64/ which details
the polishing experiments done on a (surprise surprise) 64
Globetrotter. This system uses Nuvite polishes and a Cyclo polisher,
but with some variations.

Both sites are very much worth poring over in detail before you
start. There is also a video produced by Swift Aircraft (I believe)
which is about polishing bare aluminium aircraft, the ideas and
problems are similar. The video is available at
http://www.perfectpolish.com, they also sell the Nuvite polishes and
tools you'll need.

There are no doubt many sites which cover the topic, but those two
are the most detailed that I've seen. If any one has seen better,
please let me know.

Hope this helps,
Brian