[VAC] Duo Therm A/C w/ Drain pan

Tim:
I also had installed the  Duo Therm A/C w/ Drain pan
on my '66 Overlander. It was done at Windish Airstream in Lakewood, CO and was
factory certified. Including the drain pan, the installation looks like yours. I
have not yet installed the drain pipe and am considering two options. 1.) run a
short hose from the drain pan outlet to the nearby grey water vent pipe.
Advantage: its easy. Disadvantage: the tube is external and shows, 2.) 'fish' a
drain tube through the 14x14 between the Penguin and the housing, run it to the
original vent pipe the original a/c used. I still have the original copper drain
tube used by the original a/c and may try to reuse this.
Overall I have been very happy with this unit. I added the optional remote
thermostat which replaced my old one. The penguin is low profile, cools very
effectively even in very hot weather, and is readily serviceable nation-wide. I
also pulled new wiring to the unit; the original wire was pathetically small.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver