[VAC] OPV Valve conversion

My Aluminium LP tanks on my '77 Sovereign were re-certified 5 years ago.
However, they will need to be converted to OPV valve before the middle of
next year.

I have seen "adapters" that will convert the older type of valve into the
newer type, but this does not have an overflow protection device.

If I just use the convertors (I will have to adapt the regulator hoses as
well), will that be "legal" (i.e. will most LP gas places refill them that
way)?

Does anyone sell the "official" conversion kits, containing the overflow
device? if so, can I install it myself?

Dave