[VAC] Re: Floor repair part two,1953 flying cloud

Krista & I completed the first full weekend of work on the '57 Flying
Cloud, but more on that later.  We are going to have to replace the
floor on this one, but that won't take place for awhile, as the first
order of business is the running gear and making the shell weather tight.

My guess is about 180-220 hours to remove cabinets and replace the floor
in sections.  We'll document it with thoroughness for the website as
usual. I have no idea what a commercial outfit could do it for.
But, if you estimate that it would take them 4 days with 2 guys to do
just the floors, and shop labor/overhead is $60, plus throw in 20% for
materials, then it would be $4600.  But you'll never know until you ask,
and wintertime is a good time to have it done, when things are slow.

Best of luck,
RJ
'65 Caravel
'57 Flying Cloud