[VAC] Re: New Bath Sink

Probably you need a custom food service fabricator or an ambitious
welding shop. I know one shop near here for sure that has made domestic
kitchen counter tops of stainless, he's the one that suggested soldering
with a hard solder to prevent warping the stamped sink. I'm figuring on
a kitchen island of stainless with full round edges and corners,
probably by welding (that is having a welder do the assembly, welding is
not one of my skills) 1-1/2" stainless steel pipe into a frame, then
dropping sheets of stainless steel just inside the pipe to have a no
drip edge and round corners. I can solder so I'll probably do that part
of the assembly, unless I go off and build the island top out of teak.
Teak will be a little easier to shape some places, but not necessarily
cheaper than stainless. I have a small sheet metal brake and squaring
shear, but not big enough for my island design. I know a couple of the
nearby welding shops have larger brakes and shears. My concept of sheet
metal shops tends to be stuck to heating and air conditioning ducts,
though in theory they might make stainless steel counters too. Depends
on their view of what they want to do.

Gerald J.