[VAC] Argosy restoration.

Hi again.

I have two questions regarding the on-going restoration of my 76 28'
Argosy...hopefully somebody will have the answers.

1. When replacing the axles, what measurements should I be taking to ensure
that the new ones line up the way there supposed to?  I know a couple that I
can take, but are there some measurements that I absolutely have to take?

2. I've read that the shocks used are Gabriel short-stroke shocks.  Is this
true?  If so, are there other shocks on the market that would work?  Or, if
I need new shocks, do I have to drop the big money with Airstream?

I would appreciate any assitance.  Also, I'm going to be parting out a lot
of stuff if anyone wants to contact me off-list.

Thanks again,

Jamie
1976 28' Argosy
1978 24' Argosy