[VAC] This is a reply to: Sympatico: Hello from St. John's, Newfoundland

I think the Univolt was abusive to the battery and so replacement with a
modern multistage chargers like the StatPower (though one of the list
members liked it so long as it worked) or Intelli... would lead to
better battery life, and more rapid charging from AC power sources. I
know my dad reworked the Univolt that I have with a lot of solid state,
probably using a regulator circuit that I designed.

Gerald J.