[VAC] Re: 1965 Black tank

My '65 black tank is made of ABS.  Epoxy resin sticks to it wonderfully.  I
just encased the entire tank in a layer of epoxy and fiberglass cloth.  It
will probably last another 30 years.  Simple and cheap solution.

If your tank is HDPE, I have a friend who was very successful in welding
his--there's nothing to it either.  You just have to have the right
equipment.

Check out this site:
http://www.urethanesupply.com/index.htm

It has a list of tests that can be run to determine what material your tank
is made of--very important.  You have to determine that before you can
repair it.

Jason Guynes
'65 GT