[VAC] Refrigerator Question

My husband and I have a 1970 23' Safari AS. We have owned it one week. We
are trying to figure out all the appliances and were told that the Dometic
refrigerator does not work. We decided to give it a try just in case they
were wrong. We were able to get the gas going and ran it for about 4 hours.
The temp never got colder than 50 degrees. It did form some ice cubes in the
freezer. We then turned off the gas and plugged it in and nothing happened.
What we are wondering is could there be a fuse or some simple thing wrong in
the electricity as we did find some life in the old gal via the gas route.
We also turned on the furnace and it works. Now I am worrying about the
safety of a 31 year old furnace as far as dangerous fumes go. I guess there
is always something to worry about.

Anyway, if someone can shed some light on the refrigerator it will be
appreciated Thanks,

Margie and John

23' 1970 Safari
Michigan