[VAC] Re: Cork floors [was The Average Age of an Airstreamer Enthusiast?]

Jim, no not yet.  The guy I called to order the cork said the floor
needs to be real smooth, or any irregularities will telegraph right
through the cork. I think it's flexible enough so it won't crack like a
vinyl floor, but lumps, holes, and bolt heads will show. That's why I'm
making such a deal about filling and sanding. I used Henry 547, a powder
you mix with water. It sets up in about 20min, and dries pretty quickly,
like 3hours ? It takes some muscle to sand it, I used a foam backed
sanding block for sheet rock and sheet rock sanding screens, 2nd coat. I
had filled the worst of the rotten out places with epoxy filler after
the penetrating epoxy. This floor will never rot.

Daisy