[VAC] Average Age of Airstream Enthusiast

Hello Jeanavive,
	We are 33 & 35 (wife and husband, respectively), and bought our first
Airstream last year (notice I said FIRST).  I had always wanted my
grandparent's trailer (a 1963 Globetrotter they purchased new) since I used
to trailer with them.  My parents have a 1968 25' Avion and now another,
newer, longer one, but we have been trailering as a family since about 1978
when we got our first Avion.  I say STILL trailering because my sister and
I spent a few days with them in the new one this summer.  Anyway, I have
fond memories of trailer rallies, campgrounds, boondocking and Mexico in
these trailers and wanted to have the same memories with my boys.  Since
our eldest just started a soccer league that requires travelling I thought
it was the perfect time.  Our first trailer was a 1972 Overlander that we
sold after fixing it up last summer, then we purchased and fixed up a 1965
Caravel that we just adore.  It is perfect for weekend camping and small
enough to go anywhere, but for extended trips or inclement weather we had
been hankering for another project.  After getting back from the Rocky Mtn.
VAC Rally last weekend we purchased the next project, a 1960 Overlander
with all the options.  It's kind of a small disaster right now, but the
potential is there and we're all fired up for this new project. Airstream
fever is bad stuff, but I don't want to get over it!  Enjoy your trailer(s)!

Jodi and John Guerin
1965 Caravel
1960 Overlander (serious project)