[VAC] Re: "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

This is one of those things that falls into the category of "if it ain't
broke don't fix it". This simple little device found on earlier A/S models
was replaced by A/S in the 70's with this cheat plastic slide that looks bad
and doesn't work. Other items on this list from earlier models would be,
replacing the beautiful real wood cabinet doors and panels with Tambour and
Formica, and replacing classic light fixtures with pressed white light/fan
fixtures and covers. I am sure there or other items to add to this list.
This is why although I have always tried to restore as much of the original
components and fixtures in my 76 A/S, I am staring to slowly change out some
of the 70's look back to the 60's and earlier look and quality.

Don Hardman
1976 International Sovereign