[VAC] Re: 1960 Overlander [?}

Paul,
I have a 1960 Caravanner (22') and I have done some re-wiring.  First, I
did not try the electric when I first received the trailer.  My Caravanner
has two AC circuits which I rang out with a ohm meter so I knew which
recepticle was on each circuit.  Next, I replaced the screw type fuse box
with a SquareD brand from Home Depot.  Now for AC, the neutral is white and
black is hot.  My trailer is setup with AC ground being the trailer sheet
metal.  I replaced the original exterior AC receptical and wired it
according to the previous (and standard) white, black, green scheme.  I
replaced the original two-prong duplex receplicles with new three-prong
self grounding recepticles (this recepticle grounds to the sheet metal with
the fastening screws).

Having done this, I have not had any AC problems.  BTW, the brown wire is
+12 volts DC and the trailer sheet metal is -12 volts DC.  I found an ohm
meter to be very helpful in figuring out which wire went where.

Hope this helps,
Garnett
2878
WDCU