[VAC] Re: The Average Age of an Airstreamer Enthusiast?

I bought my first Airstream - a 1965 Globetrotter - on my 26th birthday, in
July, 1976. I full-timed in it for four years, traveling from New York to
California, stopping for extended stays in Santa Fe and Tucson before
settling in Santa Monica, CA.

I moved to Kona, HI in 1986, and when i was transitioning back to the
mainland in 1993, i full-timed in a '72 Overlander in Half Moon Bay, CA. for
almost two years, although i was back-and-forth to Kona for much of that
time. Sold that one in '95, when i moved to Reno.

I acquired the '48 Trailwind in June of 2000, and have been doing a
leisurely ground-up restor/renovation ever since.

When I was at the WBCCI rally in Bismarck last year, someone in the office
mentioned that the median age of a WBCCI member was seventy-something(!).

I'm pretty sure the average age of a VAC member is considerably younger - in
chronological years, anyway. I, for one, am an astonishingly immature 51...

Tuna