[VAC] FFVs and vintage ASs

Jere:
I ordered a Fantastic Vent for my 14x14 forward vent on a 69 Overlander Int'l.  I have not installed it as my unit has radius corners inside the vent shaft & the FFV won't fit, being square.  I have been told that I just need to cut the aluminum & drop the unit in.
Now this sounds to me akin to do-it-yourself brain surgery.  I have no intentions of cutting that beautiful aluminum until I am sure it is the only and the correct way to make the improvement.  I'm asking the list here, has anyone cut the radius corners out of a 14x14 vent & installed a Fantastic Vent?  Do you have pictures?
Jeff Miller
69 Overbudget