[VAC] aluminum trailer skins & the '39/'37?

I hope nobody wants to kill me for this...   is
there any difference in the types of aluminum
(specifically the finish on) skins used for
airstream-like trailers in the late 60's?

Hrm, more specifically, does anyone know if Avion
(sorry!) skins were the same as Airstream? I was
told by one probably not-reliable source that
they do not polish as shiny as Airstreams. This
source also claimed they were lighter (though,
I'm pretty sure this is not correct).

Feel free to e-mail me off-list.

I AM going to go check out that '39 or '37
Airstream (or whatever it is) that has been
discussed as of late.  What would a person offer
for that trailer? (the ad says make offer/or
trade). I'm not sure I would know where to start.
It looks like a pretty crazy project but
something tells me I should have it.

Jill