[VAC] Re: waste dump valves

The leak at the antenna can probably be fixed with a few new rivets and caulking. The dump vales are something else. The problem is that you probably can't get to them. These trailers were built from the inside out and just trying to remove panels, under belly etc would be a chore. I would check with a good AIRSTREM repair shop.

There is one other thing you can try. It is possible that the valve seat is just covered over with crud. My 1976 was like this when I first bought it after seating up for several years. Put some water in the tank then work the valve back and forth several time to see if you can get a better seat. You can also try adding some Murphy's oil soap to the tank this sometimes will help the rubber seals and at least give the tank a good cleaning. I add about a cup or two to both my grey and black water tank with a little water before I take off on a trip. My valves seem to work fine now.

Good Luck

Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign