[VAC] Stripping - Some new thoughts

Do to an accidental overspray while chasing an LP gas leak, one of our
tech has discovered what has to be the easiest way to strip clearcote I
have ever seen. If only I had known this two years ago.
He showed us today. Using household ammonia in a spray bottle, he just
sprayed it on this 1967 we are working on. After about 5 minutes the
clearcote was white and it could be wiped off with a clean cloth. What
beautiful shiny clean metal was behind it. The ammonia didn't hurt the
windows, the marker lights, nothing. But it just melted the clearcote
right off.
We tested it on some other year finishes and it didn't make a big
impression on the newer stuff, certainly not the newest prefinish. The
side of the coach with more sun exposure was a little easier. The shaded
side took two rounds but still came clean.

Charlie