[VAC] Re: 64 GT home OK

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] 64 GT home OK

>Tested water today, ever so gradually, and do have one leak-
>split copper.  Black water tank has been flushed and is left
>full of water to look for leaks overnight.  Major plumbing
>project will be toilet, since it is not even anchored down.

Not a good sign, as it bolts onto the closet flange that is part of the black water tank....

>Will test propane tomorrow- if you don't hear form me again,
>you'll know it did not go well....

Didn't hear back, should we worry?

>I plan to redo the interior, as somebody got to it once
>already, and it ain't pretty. Lovely orig. oak is now tacky
>paneling. Ugh! My challenge is to make a dinette, which I
>wish could go opposite of galley, but water tank & wheel
>well prevent this.

Curbside dinettes were actually an optional floorplan on early '60s Globetrotters, check my archive section.  The wheelwell goes under one booth seat, the tank the other.

>Immediate goal is to get it marginally habitable , so that I
>can go to the rally in Estes Park, meet some of you fine
>People, and maybe get some ideas on how to redo the
>interior.

The rally will be a great place for ideas.

>Overall, I think I can find a way to use this to rid my
>budget of excess cash for a while.
>Jere Potter, Fort Collins, CO

Congratulations Jere, the fun begins.
RJ