[VAC] Re: Copper pipes seem non-standard size

I sure agree.  I've had several vintage airstreams and the typical problem
I've encountered is that the PO didn't drain the water lines and they
swelled to a non-standard size.  I almost always found leaks also.  If you
are lucky enough to go back a ways on the old tubing and find a standard
dimension, you're lucky.  More often than not, I've found that most of the
tubing has expanded and you have to improvise.  The best and easiest
solution I've found is to use the clear flexible reinforced tubing sold in
most home stores and to double clamp it to the existing tubing.  The PSI it
is designed for far exceeds normal water pressures and it is easy to snake
throughout the trailer with little disassembly.  You can also pick up barbed
fittings that easily install into the tubing to re-connect it to standard
fittings.  Not original, but certainly much easier to work with and simple
to spice in.  I've had it in my '66 for 9 years and have yet to have another
problem.
Good luck
Pete