[VAC] Re: Copper pipes seem non-standard size

I'm not sure I agree.  The ID of newer tubing is a bit smaller than vintage Airstream.  That's why I recommended saving the fixtures from any faucets or other original copper fittings.  A Dremel or even a rat tail file, if carefully applied can expand the ID of a newer fitting so it will work on old tubing.  I would try that before going to far into the wall in search of skinnier tubing.
Bob
http://mrminimal.com