[VAC] Charlie Burke

Want to pass on an experience with the list...
There has been discussion of various Airstream dealers in the past on this
list, I'm not sure I've seen anything on America Way RV in Boise Id.  As
Charlie mentioned in an previous post I stopped by to have some repairs
done on the Traveler.  As a side note I've been following Charlie since
1997-1998 when he was giving technical advice on Airstream Central.  In
fact I have three volumes (its my airstream encyclopedia) of every post he
did.  Anyway way back there he talked about doors and there was not a door
he has not been able to fix.  Sooooo I had the challange and I figured for
all the free advice I had received over the years I wanted to give him some
business.

The work that they did was really great.  Charlie and Harry (service mgr)
run a first class operation there in Boise.  I highly recommend that if you
have any repairs that need to be done on the ol stream - let them do it.
They fixed the door, found replacement seals for my hubs and found a
replacement crank for my window.  So again go there, they are good people
and the price was very reasonable.  I figure for all the help and
encouragement Charlie has given me over the years they made about 5 cents
per hour.

Thanks Charlie and Harry - you have the kind of dealership that makes me
want to think of things that need to be done so I can have you fix it.

As a side note the test for the door came at the Idaho/Utah border in a
horrible sand/mud (thats a dust storm when its raining) storm that we ran
into.  Lost sight of the road - thought we were done for.  Wife and kids
were watching the white lines on each side of us while I steered based on
where they said the road was.  When we got through it the car and trailer
were brown from all the mud - but but - the inside of the trailer was dry
and clean.

Ken Johansen
5358
59 Traveler