[VAC] Mystery Tank

You may be onto something with the vacuum booster suggestion.
According to my 1977 manual, the coach was originally equipped with disc
brakes and a hydraulic/vacuum system.  From the information in the
manual, it appears that a vacuum line from the coach was connected to
the tow vehicle.  Sounds like a real maintenance nightmare.   Since my
Tradewind now has electric brakes, I guess that someone had the systems
changed at some point in the past.  Does that sound plausible?

Lincoln Soule