[VAC] 7 way connector

hey list, I have a question concerning the electrical hookup on my tow
vehicle. I bought a 1986 f250 diesel. it has the 7 way connection in the
back. I followed the cable into the cab, and from the cable there are tow
wires coming out, a blue one and a black one. all the other wires are
spliced to the truck lights at the rear. I assume that one of the wires in
the cab gets hooked up to the elect. brake module and the other gets hooked
up to a 12 volt source. is this right? or do they both go to the elect.
brake module and the 12 volt source then go to the module. any help is
appreciated. thanks
dave baccarini
charleston, s.c.