[VAC] Terry--Your Anti-Freeze method?

Terry, or any others with expertise on this: my office has now become my
temporary living quarters as well, and I may need to keep the water system
flowing into the winter. As I remember, Terry, you had a method for keeping
the tanks warm--I think it was with lightbulbs placed somewhere, and an
indoor/outdoor thermometer to check. Did you also use heat tape on the
lines? Any other advice? Did you leave your furnace conncected, or heat only
with cats?

I've got a rear bath 26, and I'm thinking of removing the suburban, which I
find noisy, leaks loads of cold air when not firing, produces fluctuating
temps, and combined with ductwork takes up a lot of room, with two vented
catalytic heaters, a 6,000 BTU mounted on a hinged panel on the cabinet wall
beneath the range, just aft of the entry door. Someone on the list--Bob K,
maybe?--reported installing one there, and swinging it to direct heat where
wanted. THen I thought I'd mount another 3,000 btu vented cat on the
exterior of the cabinet door under the bathroom sink. Hopefully the latter
would throw some heat at the black and grey tanks, too.

ANy thoughts appreciated.

Dan
75 Argosy 26