[VAC] Wal-Mart parking lots and other overnightparking sites

I guess I really started something, re overnight parking at a Wal-Mart.

My primary interest was for a handy, safe, quiet place to stop enroute to a
more grandiose destination.

One time, on the way to Las Vegas from San Diego, I stopped at a truck/rest
area just north of the Nevada border.  Lots of trucks overnighting there.

Two major problems.
1. The  noise.  These rigs left their engines or refrigeration units going
full blast.

2.  Diesel exhaust.  I can still smell it!

My wife and I were too tired to continue, so we did spend the night there
and did not get a very restful sleep.  Needless to say, we left early the
following morning.

Meanwhile, I just discovered a web site which tracks free places to stay.
It is, naturally  -    www.freecampgrounds.com.

Worth checking out in my opinion.  The site includes a lot of other
information and resources of interest to RV ers.

Oliver Filippi