[VAC] Window Leaks

Last night and today we had heavy rains in Atlanta and I discovered to my dismay that several of the windows in my ' 68 Tradewind are leaking. Having spent last week repairing water damaged floor and a lot of time previously with Vulkem around all the openings in the skin, I was not a happy camper. I'm puzzled. The rubber seals (weather stripping) around the windows looks to be in good condition. It's soft and appears to press against the glass (or replacement Lexan windows) -- so why do I have leaks?

I must be overlooking something. Is it possible that 4-5 paper towels worth of water are leaking in at the mitered corners of the rubber window seals? Where else could it be coming from? It's not running down the inside of the glass that I can tell which suggests it's coming in at the sides or the bottom and collecting in the aluminum trough at the bottom of the window where the window latches are located. Any ideas or suggestions?

Incidentally, the window latches are marked Phillips Industries, Inc., Dayton, OH. Anybody know where I can find some new ones or parts? Bill Scott once told me that they were available in Los Angeles but he didn't say where. The latches work but are rusty and look bad. I'd like to replace them.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Greene