[VAC] got truck

Hi Harvey,

I got a truck. FINALLY! I haven't disappeared off
the face of the earth or anything... life has
just been happening at a busier rate than I'm
used to. I'm getting caught back up, though. Had
to unhook from the list because I didn't have
time to keep up with the messages. I'm about to
get back online, though.

So, new truck. It's a 1996 Chevy Silverado 1/2
ton long-bed w/350. It's beautiful and runs and
drives like new. I was hoping for a 3/4 ton and
maybe a little bit bigger engine but I think this
is a good start. It's all set with trailer breaks
and heavy duty hitch. It's rated to pull up to
about 6,500 lbs. It's got tons of power and my
second tank of gas yielded 17.76 miles per
gallon!!! That includes a round-trip over the
mountain pass, town driving, highway driving and
the AC on full-blast pretty much all the time. I
was praying for 14mpg so I'm pretty happy. I
about fainted when it cost $45 bucks to fill it
up, but I guess I'll get used to that.

So, I'm hot on the trail of the airstream. I'm
looking more at the smaller ones lately. Thinking
strongly on a Tradewind. I still insist it be
older, like mid 50's up to about '61. Got a
couple picked out. Hopefully, I'll have good news
within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I'll have pictures up soon of my new truck. See
you on the list soon!

Jill