[VAC] Re: Broken door on '65 Caravel

I'd wire brush the cracks and the area surrounding them, file or grind the
cracks themselves into a 'V' groove, and fill it with JB Weld... a two-part
metal epoxy available at auto parts and hardware stores. When it's cured,
you can sand it down to a practically invisible mend. You may want to drill
a couple of small holes through the cracks so that the JB Weld can smoosh
through to the other side...

The alternative involves removing interior skin panels and reinforcing the
door frame in the area of the cracks by rivetting a small plate behind them,
then doing the above JB Weld thing for cosmetics... I'd do the first thing -
JB Weld only - it'll probably fix it so's you'll forget all about this
incident... but i'd be on the lookout for re-appearance of the cracks after
some flexing and door-slamming...

If you decide to try this, let us know how this works out.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
WBCCI#8862/VAC
Reno, NV