[VAC] Broken door on '65 Caravel

Hello all,

I have had a slight warp in the door to my '65 Caravel since I purchased
it.  It left a small opening at the bottom, leading edge of the suicide
door.  At an airstream rally this weekend, I decided to try to bend the
door back.  I had a man hold the bottom while I pushed on the top of the
door.  This seemed to be working but I needed a little more curve, so I
gave it a little more pressure and the door broke!

There is now a crack in the (pot metal?) frame above and below the
single hinge.  The cracks are in the door, not the trailer.  The door
fits nicely and opens and closes much better but I don't like these
cracks in the door.  Does anyone know if it is possible to fuse this
metal back together, or an alternate fix?  I'm really bummed out about
this and want to make it right again.

Thanks, Pete