[VAC] Re: Had to go with plexiglass

I took the plunge and went with Acrylite (Acrylite AR2) which I got from
Inland RV - pre cut.  Not the cheapest supplier out there....  The product
comes with an installation sheet that advertises that it is not Plexiglas
and is dimensionally stable and resistant to breakage and is scratch
resistant.  It can be used from temperatures from -30 to 160 degrees.  Also
has ultraviolet protection.  It will not crack or craze from the sun and can
be bent although it may take some sort of heat supply.  I used it on a side
window on a hot day.  It conformed quickly.  Can't say yet if it will hold
the shape or spring back to flat when opened later.  It's very early to say,
but if you can believe the advertising it may be a great substitute.  I can
already say that it is superior to Plexiglas.  Not nearly as brittle and
does seem to be more scratch resistant.
Pete