[VAC] Re: Airstream Refrigerator Removal, Burping, and Probable Replacement

Chris,

Thanks for the information.  I quickly read and looked over the diagram on your excellent troubleshooting page.  That is the first time I have ever run across an explanation of ammonia absorption cooling that was understandable and didn't overwhelm me with details before I grasped the concept.  I will read it several more times and think about the process as I read until I thoroughly understand and remember.

I notice that your guide says that since the early '80s burping a refrig was less likely to help anything.  I'm going to try supplying 110 vac and 12 vdc tomorrow just to make sure but I'm planning on a visit to Camping World next week.

I also noticed that your guide mentioned good airflow and clean coils.  My coils had a good buildup of West Texas farm dirt built up on the coils.  I blew them clean with compressed air and an old paint brush.  There was probably not enough build up to restrict cooling but do you think that could have prevented proper cooling?

Regards,
Harvey